09 March 2010

Running with Christ

Today at nine o'clock in the morning, I went running with a friend of mine. We are both training to run a half-marathon in May and we were both excited about the beautiful weather that we have been having so we decided to run outside.
Even at 9am, the weather was great! The sun was shinning and it seemed like a beautiful spring day. It wasn't until the 3rd mile when I made the comment "Pain is weakness leaving the body."
Well, my friend disagreed with my comment(I hope she would. She's planning on being a doctor). But I came back and said, but it really is true.
Here's my reasoning:
Personally, when I run I am able to get into a deeper spiritual connection with Christ then I am able to do in any other place. My mind is focused and I am able to really appreciate all that surrounds me. I become more thankful for some of the simple pleasures that God gives us and this distracts me if I feel any pain. When I do feel any pain or anger, I just run to relieve myself from anything. I try to push it out of my body. My pain that I feel is my weakness(anger, turmoil, sin) that is released out of my soul to Christ who is able to take it from me.
While running, I am able to feel a peace. When running, I feel as if my soul becomes free and is released from any pain.
While feeling free from pain, I know it's just like the same feeling as I am worshiping in church. This feeling is great and brings one closer to Christ. Getting near the end of the course, you sometimes feel as if you can't finish, but just like one's Christian walk, Christ helps you through.
That's what I said to my friend as we finished our run and marveling at the beauty of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment