03 November 2009

Paths

So when one hears the word path, one thinks of the literal use of the word or the metaphorical use. I personally enjoy looking at the metaphorical use of the word, since the meaning of it is deep.
Paths describe my life. It's as simple as that. I choose one every single day of my life and some are good and others are bad, but I never regret. That is something that one must learn when living this type of life. When going down a path, you can never turn back. You can only move forward.
Now there are points when one can completely be off of the path and in the forest. This is where I feel at the moment. I'm not lost, but I'm not on the path. It is as if I am avoiding it at all cost, yet it beckons me to come to it.
So here is my question involving this entry: Should one try to avoid his or her calling or should one just go down the correct path?
I would want to say go down the right path, but that would be a lie. I feel at times I'm trying to avoid what I'm supposed to do. Putting my own thoughts before God's. Yes this blog is called Speaking Inferno, but the reason of this title is to tell how difficult it is to actually say the truth. One of the many reasons why I am not on the right path.
I am a Christian and I do not just claim it. I actually follow, have faith and believe in God. This is also the reason why I like to look at paths metaphorically. I believe that GOd has laid out a path for me, but it is not just a straight one. No, it is one that branches out all over the place because He gave me free will. This is why I often try to runaway from His calling and often fail.
Now where I am going with this, I feel as if I am being called to the one thing I was trying to avoid all of my life: Ministry. I don't know what aspect, but I think this is what the calling is. I have always thrown this idea to the ground saying that it is only for my father and brother. I was not called and could never be called. That is not the profession I want to pursue. Yet now, I'm thinking differently. Maybe I am like Jonah and am just trying to runaway from it all, but I now just need listen. Sometimes that's all we can do is just listen.
I feel as if we all just talk, but we never just sit back and listen. I think we need to learn to listen and then the path might be easier to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment