20 October 2009

Change?

My question for today's blog is can people change?

I think to answer this question, one must look deeper than just the surface level. One can change, but it can take time. Change can only happen if the person is willing to admit his or her faults, say they were wrong and actually apologize for whatever his or her crime(illegal or something simple) may be.

For a person to say that they can change within a day, now that is something I don't believe in. People cannot change that quickly, since change is a slow process. To think that change can happen quickly is a thought for a child who has not seen the ways of the world. And if you think my view is wrong, then give me one example of a person who has just changed within seconds. I have not heard of anyone who has actually achieved this type of epiphany and have changed for a long period of time.

So does this mean I don't believe in change?
The answer to that is no, because change can happen. The only thing that is difficult with change is that one must be ready for it or else it will knock the person off of their balance beam of life.

Does this mean I have a lack of faith in people?
Well maybe this is true, but if someone has been hurt because of the change that someone has supposedly made, then wouldn't you have a lack of faith in people too?

No comments:

Post a Comment