07 April 2010

Movie Nights

So the last couple of days, my roommate has been putting in different movies at night. Now I am in no way complaining since I love all the movies that have been played. They have been mostly Disney(which I need to proclaim is pretty awesome!).
Now with this leads me to the last one we have watched which literally finished 20min ago. It was Peter Pan and I must admit that I have always loved the idea of Peter Pan. A boy who doesn't grow up and is able to play all day long and have adventures! What could be better than that!?!
But of course like what Wendy says near the end of every version is that they must return to grow up. Some things you cannot understand until you grow up and that was her point. She knew they needed to grow up because there is more to life.
For the longest time I wished I could go to Neverland(what kid didn't want to go there), but now as I have grown up a bit and am making life decisions, I still wish I could go. I guess at a certain point in time everyone reaches a point when they just want to go back in time to be a kid again. Life seemed so much easier back then. But like what Wendy says, we have to grow up, but I don't think we need to completely grow up. I think we need to grow up a lot, but keep the imagination alive. We need to keep that childlike excitement or we become boring.
Well, that's it. Now it's time for me to travel to the second star to the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment