01 May 2013

Creative Minds Don't Make Sense

I completely understand that I should be writing a paper and/or proofreading a friends paper for that same class. Yet, I really have absolutely no motivation to actually write this ( I will probably be writing it frantically tonight, but I at least have the research for it all done).

What I'm really thinking about is the future. I swear I have been so focused on school and had kind of an idea of what I wanted to do with everything that I swear I haven't actually taken the time I have needed to figure out what I have want to actually do with my life. For example, I don't know if I'm truly fit for some of these traditional marketing positions since my thought process is just so different.

The way that my mind processes situations are just done in a story. Literally, my thought process kind of looks like this:





Yep, if you remember your English classes then you should recall that this is a Plot Map. The only difficulty with having a mind thinking in this way is that you never have too many resolutions, since life is not like a novel.

But having this as my typical thought process, it makes me think kind of in a oddly creative way. For example, I ca just look at a person and can quickly create a back story for them (because who doesn't love back stories?).

This also causes me to understand really odd things that can be exceptionally weird, but it makes perfect sense. An actual example of this is the musical "Cats." I am one of the very few people who believes that it actually has a plot line and you just have to pay attention to be able to understand it. It's actually a great story and no, I will not explain it right now. I am a big enough of a nerd, I don't need to show my nerd card to you.

But if you have actually read this then you are probably wondering how this all correlates with about my future. I really believe that if you want to pursue something and it is not out there, then create it. I find it so ironic that the education is cutting the arts yet I swear people are expressing their creativity so much more or people are using the internet to actually express themselves. There is this whole online community creating webseries, blogs and so many other types of entertainment and education out on the web AND my education at the University is just turning the other cheek at this. They are refusing to embrace this changing medium and how different careers are crossing over.

I believe I will find something that will fit in this category, because lets face it, people want change and I'm seeing the movement. Creativity will always beat out these "standardized" test that absolutely tell us nothing other than people can memorize facts. There are people out there who want to change this and I believe that this is coming.

La Vie Bohème!

No comments:

Post a Comment