24 January 2014

For the love of Books

A book is a very treasured thing.

A book is a thing that you can fall in love with.

A book is freedom.

As a child I always remember having an active imagination. I always remember the day of school we went to the library, but it wasn't quite a love yet. It was when I was in either the third or fourth grade when I picked up a book that taught me how to love books. This book was called "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone."

Since then I have fallen head over heals in love with books. Like so many, I find so much joy reading. I love the fact that I am transported to different worlds, or into battle or take great adventures. Some of the best connections I have ever made with people have been made over books.

I swear, books can unite anyone, especially when you are reading books at the same time. For example, I have never been a part of a book club, but I started reading two books at the same time as my boss and whenever we see each other we wanted to know what the other was thinking about the book. Books create conversations and can widen your range of thoughts. I guess that's why so many people decide to join book clubs because of that.

Books inspire so much more, which is why people who love power fear books. Books challenge authority with what they are about, with encouraging thinking for yourself, and with creating your own ideas.

Personally, I just love books and love the power that comes with them.

Books open the mind for a world of opportunities if you will let them.

No comments:

Post a Comment