01 January 2014

Welcome 2014!

Sorry this blog is coming out a bit later than I would typically post, but it has been a very busy day with family.


It is January 1, 2014. The start of a new year is here and the time to make changes on your life is here. Last week I discussed the changes I plan on doing this year and will officially start the new posting schedule on Monday, so I'm not going to be going into detail on that since I'm not repeating a blog post.

This is more of a reflection of the past year. Last year around this time I was on Christmas break getting exceedingly excited about graduating in May. The thought and ideas that I had begun researching about online media had struck a cord with me and helped developed me to gain a different mindset as I entered into my last semester. This change in my mind was spectacular, but it also caused some trouble since my professors that I specifically had were not taking some of these new forms into consideration.

The difference from me then and me now is that I have been able to do some tremendous research, met some amazing people who have taught me a lot, gained experience with my last semester and been forced to figure out what I wanted to do with life.

I'm going to be completely honest by saying that the last 8 months have been challenging. I feel like I have so many of my friends achieving what we all set out to do after graduation and I am left where I started. The difference from keeping that negative mindset is that I have decided to take a completely new path by blogging and refusing to stop learning. I understand that I am not this popular blogger and don't have a huge following, but I'm refusing to stay quiet and have a message that I want people to hear.

This led me to the lesson I will forever value.

The biggest lesson I will be taking away from 2013 is not stay down, to let go of your fears and just go for it. If you love something than do it! If you have a passion to do something, then you should go for it! Don't ever settle! I have met too many people in my life who have these huge regrets of what they did or did not do when they were my age and I REFUSE to do that and not follow my heart and passion. Marketing and Digital Media is what I love and I don't care how long it takes me to find a position, but I will be there one day. I'm determined to make it happen in this New Year.

So, what lesson are you taking away from 2013 and how are you using that insight to change what may happen in 2014?

Till next time, Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment