02 June 2014

Fulfilling Books

Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.”~ John Green, The Fault In Our Stars
This quote from John Green's book is the perfect quote that relates to his book, The Fault in Our Stars.

I will admit, I love this book. I read it a year ago in a short period of time and passed the book along to many of my friends since finishing it. It is something about this book that convinced me to pass it along and tell everyone about it. It's like if I passed the book to one more person, maybe, just maybe a person will be able to appreciate life and have passion.

This book also tells the story that is not often told, a teen who is dealing with cancer. The Young Adult selection that I can think of does not cover this topic and thought it talked about the struggle, the coping and the overall life of the characters in this truly authentic way. It was moving and I found myself emotionally drawn to these characters and wanted the best for them.

I know I have not dived too deep into the quote, because well, I believe this one speaks for itself. This book is a good read and I highly recommend it. 

Also, the movie comes out this Friday and I am very excited.


No comments:

Post a Comment