25 August 2014

What's in a Quote

Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting. ~ John Green
 Ironic, isn't it? A quote about quotes for Quote Monday. I find it a bit funny, but I also find it very revealing. Think about it, I write or try to write about a quote every single Monday (I said I try). The quotes that I choose are my favorite quotes that I am able to find. It takes me a while to find a quote to write about. Seriously, it takes me at least 30 minutes to find a quote that I feel like I can write about and find some type of meanings.

For example, with the quote that I am writing about today, 4 pages in to a search that I did. There were at least 25 quotes on a page. I scanned through at least a total of 100 quotes and this is the one I chose to write about. Choosing a quote that I want to feature on my blog is really hard, since I want something that will inspire me.

I don't always go into detail about the people I'm quoting or the piece of literature that I quote, but I try to squeeze out some type of meaning to share with whomever reads this blog. It's giving insights on how I view the world and my need to share my thoughts with people. Quotes help focus my stream of thoughts since I want to speak specifically on what I'm quoting or at least carry on a constant theme.

Your favorite quotes give great insight to the type of person you are. That's whey we have that quotes section on Facebook, it gives us a better idea of who we are.

So I have to agree with John Green; the quotes that we love say more about us then the people we are quoting.

No comments:

Post a Comment