02 August 2013

What the What!!!

So today was one of those days that I can say was an utterly humbling day!

Just to give some updates: I'm still working in retail, still living with my parents and pretty much living in a constant state of self-pity and self-loathing since I have not accomplished anything with my life. Meaning, when I was 19 I thought I would have a career after graduation and be living on my own.

Now I'm not wanting anyone to be sad, in fact I think this state is good for me since it is really good for the whole motivation thing (not the whole motivation to be blogging weekly. That I'm still slacking in, but I want to change this again).

But back on topic for today!

I had to be at work at 6am this morning. This is not out of the usual for me, cause this is typically when I have to be at work. SO I'm used to seeing the sun rise from inside a store. For the longest time I have been feeling super sleep deprived since I have been working another job as 1/3 of a youth ministering team, which has caused me to be out really late because of planning and when our youth meet. Since June, I have been getting very little sleep and apparently this was the day it caught up to me.

SIDE NOTE: I am never late to anything. NEVER!!!! I am one of those people who has to make sure that I don't get to a place too early, because I believe if you are 10 minutes early, you are late.

Back to this morning, I woke up at 7:20am...

My first reaction/ words out of my mouth... well, I'm not writing what they were cause I do not believe they are appropriate to write. But after looking back on it, it was funny. I then called the store to which I found my manager laughing at me cause this is completely out of character and she said to come in.

SO then I said I would be there in 20min (FUN NOTE: I was still in my pajamas while saying this). I hung up the phone, pulled out clothes and threw them on, put make-up on (yes, my vanity is still there cause I refuse to go out of the house without cover-up on whether I am running late or not) and ran out the door.

This next part I find hysterically funny since I did have music on while driving to work. The first on the radio that came on as soon as I turned on my car was this:


Then this song came on:



By the end of this song I was at work and about dying in laughter because the songs just were perfect as I was speeding to work, trying to recover my perfect timeliness that was so tarnished today.

Overall, work was good and I was able to somewhat get things accomplished when having a "What the What!!!" type of day.

But the positive that came out of this was the realization that I did not have to be perfect and that everyone has an off day or an off time in their life. This is a time that will pass and I will be able to move on from it. It's days like this that keep me humble and realize just how blessed I am to have understanding managers and to be able to have a job that I am not punished from a silly mistake.

That's all I have today, but until next time, enjoy this song.


No comments:

Post a Comment